Sunday, July 25, 2010

Incredible Northern India - Day 9

Day 9 from Kargil to Sonomarg and Srinagar

Driving from Kargil to Sonomarg, the landscape has changed a lot from dry and no green mountain to green forest and pine tree.

We stop at Drass Village, the second coldness inhabitat in the world. There was a record that the temperature in one year dropped below 60 degree celcious. Children are happy to be our models.




We then stop at Sonomarg for a horse riding up to the mountain. And here I start to feel very upset with the local people trying to grab a tourist. They are all over us selling their horse-riding services to us. And when finally we can haggler and agree for the price, and I had already ride a horse. They still argue over whose customer I am and tell me to get down from a horse and ride another one. Too much headache for me, so I finally decide that walking up the hill and taking a picture are enough. No more riding horse at this place.






About an hour and a half later we then proceed to Srinagar, a capital of Kashmier.


Dal lake at night is very beautiful but sorry there is no picture ka.

Stay overnight at a boat house.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker